Friday, January 25, 2013

It's All About Sex

It's no secret that 2012 was a bit of a struggle for me. One of the difficulties I continually ran into was a lack of content for my blog. I simply didn't want to write, and when I did want to write, I didn't know what to write about. It wasn't "flowing" the way writing always has for me. This quickly became a debilitating and frustrating cycle, and eventually, I pushed posting to the back of my mind.

[caption id="attachment_3176" align="alignright" width="216"]"Don't shush your inner voice. It's who you really are." Source: www.soulseeds.com[/caption]

Since then I've realized that one of the key issues was that I was holding myself back -- telling myself that everything I wrote had to be about sex, sex ed, sexuality ... and I felt very limited and uninspired. I mean, sex is a fantastic topic, but I'll be the first to admit that there's more to life!

The more I engaged in reflection and redefining my goals, however, the more I realized that sexuality is as much a part of day-to-day life as eating and breathing. Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying that our entire day-to-day lives are (or should be) consumed by sex ... we'd never get anything done! And I'm also not saying that every person is/should be highly sexual.

What I mean is that sexuality - our sexual energy / sexual self - is ingrained into how we interact with and see ourselves, others and the world in general.

Does that make sense?

I'll use myself as an example. Through my self-reflection have realized that, among other things, my energy / essence is very sensual and flirtatious. I thrive off of positive interactions with others, no matter who the other person is. This doesn't mean that I'm having sex with every person I meet (wow, that would be exhausting, not to mention dangerous!). It does, however, mean that my energy - my essence - is part of every interaction with others. And sex is a major part of my energy. This helps explain why people have always been drawn to me and why I've never had trouble finding a lover, should I want one. I'm not saying that's all there is to it, but I definitely feel that my energy has had a lot to do with my interpersonal interactions.

The point of this post is to say that I will be writing about more than overtly obvious sex this year. I believe that, if you look closely enough, you will see the energies of life behind every experience. And quite often there will be a sexual component to those energies.

So in the end, it's all about sex. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment