Wednesday, May 12, 2010

It's the Final Day!

Tonight is my final workshop session!  This ending is bittersweet ... although it has been an insane amount of work to get through this workshop, I have enjoyed it immensely and will miss running it when it's What Does A Baby Cost?over.  All the more reason to keep improving and looking for another opportunity to run a workshop!

I've prepared what I think is a pretty awesome info board for tonight's session on Teen Pregnancy.  My intention is to give a "reality check" to those youth who may view pregnancy and raising a child as something that would be "fun" or "something to do".  The board draws attention to three main things:

1) that having a baby changes your whole life;

2) that babies are expensive and;

3) that it's hard to pay for a baby when you and/or your partner haven't yet finished high school, or if you're relying on Governmental support to get you through.

A disclaimer, just in case: In no way am I trying to negate the positive aspects of parenthood, nor am I demeaning those who have had children when they were teens.  As usual, I am trying to educate about the realities involved with having a child.

I still need to put together the actual activity board, but I wanted to share this info board with you!



Thanks for your support!
Candice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment