Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Sex ed workshops, partnerships and being a CYW ...

I've been holding off on this post for a few days, as I wanted to make sure things were relatively solid before I said anything.  Now, I can make a few announcements ......

 

1) I'm employed!  Yes, after two and a half months, I have a job, as a Child and Youth Worker (CYW), and I am thrilled!

2) I have officially developed a partnership with Bartimaeus Inc., where I will be offering specialized training workshops as well as child and adolescent group programs, all in the field of sexuality education.  I'm very excited about this opportunity -- stay tuned to my blog to hear all about it!

3) The Guelph Sexuality Conference was AWESOME.  I learned all kinds of great information and useful ideas.  Keep reading to hear more!

4) I am graduating next week!  The day is almost here, where I will become an official, full-fledged CYW.  Look out youth, here I come!

5) I have more exciting training and professional development coming up, including a workshop next week at the AIDS Committee of Guelph.  The topic is LGBT and Aging, and you can find more information here.

6) The workshops I'm developing right now are related to sexuality for individuals with developmental disabilities.  Do you have something to contribute?  I would love to hear from you!

I know this has been a short post, but I need to get back to my workshop development.  Stay tuned and thanks for your support!

Candice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment