Monday, June 6, 2011

Talking about SEX is so much fun!

Last night I had an opportunity to get back into what I love most, and facilitate a workshop!  Yeah!  Thanks to my cousin, Steph, for telling her fellow staff about her "Sexpert" cousin, and getting me an "in"!  It also helps that, as a Child and Youth Worker (CYW), I love working and interacting with teens.  Go CYW!  :)

Last night's session, with a dozen or so early/mid teen girls, was fun, exciting, entertaining and -- as always -- a great learning experience for me.  The girls were excited to talk, ask questions and get a first-hand look at many of the contraceptive options available to them.  I was equally (perhaps more!) excited to share my knowledge and engage them in discussion.  Woody made his usual appearance for an interactive condom demonstration, inviting laughter and jokes, as well as a few size-comparisons (sorry Woody, it seems you don't always measure up!).  End the evening with delicious cake (if you know me, you know I definitely enjoy cake!) and we've got a pretty awesome-tastic evening!

If Sex Ed Centralyou or someone you know may be interested in booking a workshop, pass this along or contact me!

Enjoy the sunshine!

Candice :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you were able to get your hands (and mind) dirty again!! :p Perhaps for some event I can make a cake that will really 'blow' them out of the water ;) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds excellent to me! :)

    ReplyDelete