Monday, March 15, 2010

Making a game of it!

Week 2 of my workshop is upon me. Yesterday I realized that next week is going to be extremely busy, which means I have this week to prepare for both this and next week's workshop sessions!

The topic of this week is Condoms and Contraception. However, after last week I realized that we need to start with the very basics - a look at anatomy (particularly female!). The youth need to know what I mean when I say "cervix" and I'm not sure all of them do.

After I cover the "moose" (Sue Johanson's word to describe the appearance of a woman's inner reproductive system) and external genitalia, we'll move on to the fun stuff -- CONDOMS! I have just finished preparing the activity boards for my rendition of "Condom Lineup". I am taking the original idea from the Advocates for Youth website.

I'm quite pleased with how the boards have turned out!

Game Boards

After we cover everything condoms, I will be talking about the pill, patch and ring. I haven't finished the board for that activity yet - that's tonight's task!

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment