Thursday, March 18, 2010

What's that in the giant box you're carrying around?



For those of you who didn't know, my wonderful college monitor put in a request for me, and the CYW program has purchased a SEX ED KIT! YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY!!!!

I'm soooooo thrilled and excited about this! If you click on the link, you will see that this particular (amazing!) kit is not all that cheap ... and definitely beyond my grasp at the time (if you want to donate to the "Candice needs a sex ed teaching kit" fund, please contact me! I'll thank you personally! Tee hee).

As soon as I could, I opened it up and went through everything ... and it has pretty much EVERYTHING I could want! Condoms, a woody, six different samples of the pill, a nuvaring, an IUD, samples of the patch, a sponge, a female condom, a cervical cap, vaginal film (spermicide), jelly (spermicide) ... the list goes on and on! To show just how excited I am about this kit, I had Mark take a picture of me holding it open! And yes, it's nearly as tall as I am ...
Sex Ed Kit (Closed)

This is great!!!! I couldn't possibly ask for anything better! In addition to all of the teaching supplies, it comes loaded with some print materials too ... pamphlets, booklets, and educational resources. I'm sure I'll add a few things to it while I'm using it! After all, there's no such thing as too many sex ed resources!

In addition to the arrival of "my" kit (yes I know, it's not mine, but I'm going to refer to it as "mine" rather than "the CYW program's sex ed kit") ... I have had a great week in terms of spreading the word about my workshop. Which reminds me - if you know of ANYONE whom you think might be interested in what I'm doing, please pass this along! I am trying to spread the word as much as I possibly can, and I appreciate any and all networking assistance! I've been talking with several people who are interested in what I'm doing, which is wonderful! The word is spreading amongst the youth as well!

THANK YOU for reading, THANK YOU for following, THANK YOU for forwarding, and THANK YOU for your support and well-wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment