Monday, March 22, 2010

Step by step!

So much is happening this week, and I don't have enough time (or energy) to tell it all right now. I was in Toronto today for "ASIST" - Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training. To get there, we left at 6am ... so it's been a long day. Not to mention, we're doing it all again tomorrow!

I have a surprise coming soon, and I can't wait to unveil it to you! All I can say is, this blog is going to be moving soon! In the meantime, I will try to keep you entertained by telling you about what I am doing in workshop this week.

This week's activity is called "Contraceptive Connection". I had the brainwave for the oh-so-clever name last week and I'm pretty excited about the activity (as usual!). It's like a combination of jeopardy + tic-tac-toe + sequence + Candice's awesome creativity. Ok I added the last part in myself ...

I haven't made the game board yet, but it will be more-or-less an oversized tic-tac-toe board. My objective is to engage the kids with the info (cleverly posted around the OYC) while encouraging fun and watching them strive for chocolate prizes!

I am continuing to spread the word about my workshop, as well as this blog. I am thrilled to say that I am making connections and - hopefully - building interest in what I'm doing. As I mentioned in my first blog post, I decided in the fall that this placement would be exactly what I wanted it to be - and I made that happen. I'm thrilled with the results.

Stay tuned ... for now, I must sleep, but I will write more as soon as I can!

:)
Candice

No comments:

Post a Comment